Well I have a fair bit of free time on my hands this evening as I don't want to watch re-runs of the royal wedding (who does?) so I think I will start my first post with a few pictures of what I have been working on lately... Imperial Fists. Now they were going to be part of a 1750 point army I was taking to Cardiff Carnage 2011, but I changed my mind after I snapped up some Deathwing stuff on ebay. So now I guess they will become part of my selection of kill teams. Honestly I love kill team games, they are so refreshing compared to 5th edition and it means I only need 200 points of stuff painted at a time. That is just great as anyone who knows me will know just how slow a painter I am.
Still that is set to change as I have an army to finish ready for the end of August, and the plague wouldn't stop me from making it to the tournie without a fully painted army! Ok, ok maybe the plague would stop me, but my ever-growing pile of ironing won't.
So anyway on with the pictures. They are all pretty much work in process shots of getting the right yellow from a black undercoat. I'm not totally convinced, but I don't like the brilliant yellow that some Imperial Fists get painted.
Next up are a few shots of a Dark Eldar hellion I was messing around with one day. Nothing special but I was quite impressed with dheneb stone and the purple wash from GW as they really help when it comes to painting DE flesh tones. I think I started with a dark flesh base coat, followed by a layer of dheneb stone, a purple wash and then highlighting with more dheneb stone and skull white.
Next time I will talk more about my future project... Dark Angels.