Friday 29 April 2011

Who Watches the Watchers?

Welcome to what will hopefully become my blog for the forseeable future. I plan to fire off all my random ideas, army lists and conversions online so keep watching.

Well I have a fair bit of  free time on my hands this evening as I don't want to watch re-runs of the royal wedding (who does?) so I think I will start my first post with a few pictures of what I have been working on lately... Imperial Fists. Now they were going to be part of a 1750 point army I was taking to Cardiff Carnage 2011, but I changed my mind after I snapped up some Deathwing stuff on ebay. So now I guess they will become part of my selection of kill teams. Honestly I love kill team games, they are so refreshing compared to 5th edition and it means I only need 200 points of stuff painted at a time. That is just great as anyone who knows me will know just how slow a painter I am.

Still that is set to change as I have an army to finish ready for the end of August, and the plague wouldn't stop me from making it to the tournie without a fully painted army! Ok, ok maybe the plague would stop me, but my ever-growing pile of ironing won't.

So anyway on with the pictures. They are all pretty much work in process shots of getting the right yellow from a black undercoat. I'm not totally convinced, but I don't like the brilliant yellow that some Imperial Fists get painted.







Next up are a few shots of a Dark Eldar hellion I was messing around with one day. Nothing special but I was quite impressed with dheneb stone and the purple wash from GW as they really help when it comes to painting DE flesh tones. I think I started with a dark flesh base coat, followed by a layer of dheneb stone, a purple wash and then highlighting with more dheneb stone and skull white.




So that's all for now.

Next time I will talk more about my future project... Dark Angels.

3 comments:

  1. Alright mate, good to see you on the blogs!

    Love that Helion BTW! Im trying to crack on with my DE at the mo, but my progress is almost as slow as yours! ;)

    Tim (The GunGrave)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim good to hear from you mate. Your DE are looking pretty tasty as well. I don't plan on doing an army of them though as they are too damn fiddly for my liking.

    As for you being slow, it probably would have taken me a decade to build and paint that titan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your recipe for that yellow over black?

    ReplyDelete